This kit includes many new parts and has, for the first time, Zimmerit coating!
- Slide-molded one-piece Henschel turret with a pre-
- finished injected zimmerit coating
- New DS one-piece tracks
- Metal tow cables
- Upper hull and lower hull come with realistic scale zimmerit coatings
- Slide-molded muzzle brake
- Photo-etched parts
- Cartograf Decal with multiple markings
The Pz.Kpfw. VI Ausf. B, otherwise known as the Königstiger or Kingtiger, had a whopping weight of 68 tons. The first of these powerful tanks were issued to combat units in June 1944, and their 8.8cm KwK43 L/71 guns could dispatch any opponent with ease. The original Porsche turret was redesigned by Henschel with better ballistic properties.
One of this kits highlights is the Henschel turret and body that come with a finely scaled pre-injected zimmerit coating, the first time this technique has been added to a Kingtiger. The incorporation of multi-media materials only enhances this outstanding kit.